This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) discloses how the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation (the “Hewlett Foundation,”) and the David and Lucile Packard Foundation (the “Packard Foundation”) (collectively, the “Foundations,” “us,” “we,” or “our”) jointly collect, use, and share information from and about you when you interact with our website at [https://www.imagesofempowerment.org/] or communicate with us in ways related to your use of our website (collectively, the “Site”). Please read this Statement carefully.
Applicability: This Statement does not apply to: (1) the Foundations’ data practices unrelated to the Site; (2) third-party websites or online services that we may link to (which have their own privacy practices and policies that we do not control and are not responsible for); or (3) job applicants or the Foundations’ employees.
Whenever you provide information on behalf of another individual or entity, you represent that you have the authority to do so. You shall have sole responsibility for any violation of privacy laws as a result of a failure to obtain any necessary consent from such individual/entity.
Changes: The Foundations may update this Statement from time to time, which we will communicate by posting an updated version on the Site. Please check this Statement periodically for updates.
What Information Do We Collect?
Sources of Personal Data:
We collect information about you in several ways, including:
- Information you provide to us directly. We collect the information you provide to us directly, such as when you provide information through our contact form, sign up for email updates, post comments on our blog, or “share your story” about how you use our Site.
- Information collected or inferred from your use of the Site. We automatically collect information about the Site and how you use it, such as IP address, browser information, and browsing information.
- Information collected about you from third party sources. We collect information about the Site and how visitors use it from third party analytics providers, such as Google analytics.
We may combine information that we receive from the various sources described in this Privacy Statement, including third party sources, and use or disclose it for the purposes identified below.
Information We Collect:
The types of information that the Foundations collect about you include:
- Contact information, such as your first name, last name, e-mail address, work contact information, organization name, job title, and areas of interest.
- Information you supply when you contact us, sign up for email updates, comment on our blog, or “share your story” about how you use our Site.
- Technical information gathered when you interact with the Site, such as your IP address, browser information, device type, duration of browsing session, browsing history and information regarding your interactions with and use of the Site.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information we collect to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences or characteristics.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use your information in a number of ways, including:
- To provide the Site, and to communicate with you, such as to enable you to download photographs from the Site; to communicate with you about the Foundations or the Site; to send you newsletters; to share stories about how individuals use our Site; and to respond to your requests, complaints, and inquiries.
- For our own internal purposes, such as to evaluate or audit the usage and performance and safety of our Site; host the Site; evaluate and improve the quality of our Site and design new ones; diagnose, repair, and track quality and service issues with the Site; install and configure changes to the Site; customize the Site; conduct internal research; or maintain internal Foundation records.
- For legal, safety, or security reasons, such as to comply with legal requirements; protect the safety, property or rights of the Foundations, its users or other third parties; and detect, prevent, and respond to security incidents or other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- For marketing such as to market our products or services or those of our affiliates, business partners, or other third parties. We may use Personal Information we collect to send you newsletters, surveys, questionnaires, promotions, or information about events or webinars. You can unsubscribe to our email marketing via the link in the email.
- In an anonymous or aggregated format. We may also use your information in an anonymized or aggregate manner for any purpose.
With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
We may share your information with other entities, including the categories of recipients described below:
- Third party service providers: We may share your information with third party service providers working on behalf of the Foundations, such as IT providers and analytics companies, in order to process and manage your use of the Site, your requests, or to support our relationship with you
- To share information about how you use the Site: If you post comments on our blog or “share your story” about how you use the Site, that information will be made publicly available on our site. Please do not share any information you do not want to be made public.
We may also share information that has been anonymized or aggregated with third parties for any purpose permitted by law.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
The Site also collects information, via cookies, web beacons, pixels, tags or other tracking technologies, such as your Internet Service Provider and IP address, the date and time you access the Site, the pages you have accessed while visiting the Site, and the Internet address from which you accessed the Site. Some cookies exist only during a single session and some are persistent over multiple sessions over time. We may use these technologies to remember visitor preferences, maximize the performance of our Site, provide you with offers that may be of interest to you, measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns and to personalize online content. These cookies and other technologies may be used to track individuals across different devices.
Some browsers have incorporated Do Not Track (“DNT”) preferences. Most of these features, when turned on, send signals to the website you are visiting that you do not wish to have information about your online searching and browsing activities collected and used. As there is not yet a common agreement about how to interpret DNT signals, we do not honor DNT signals from website browsers at this time. However, you may refuse or delete cookies. If you refuse or delete cookies, some of our Site functionality may be impaired. If you change computers, devices, or browsers, or use multiple computers, devices, or browsers, and delete your cookies, you may need to repeat this process for each computer, device, or browser. Please refer to your browser’s Help instructions to learn more about how to manage cookies and the use of other tracking technologies.
Data Security and Retention
While the Foundations take the issue of protecting your information seriously, you should exercise discretion in what information you disclose and/or transmit through the Services. The Foundations cannot guarantee that information sent over the Internet, including via email, is fully secure. The Foundations are not responsible for the security of information sent over the Internet.
The Site is intended for individuals 18 years of age and older. The Site is not directed at, nor intended for, children under 18 years of age. The Foundations do not knowingly collect any information, including Personal Data, from children under 18 years of age. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 18, please contact us at the address below, and we will take immediate steps to delete the information.
The Site may contain links to external sites or other online services, including those embedded in third party advertisements or sponsor information, that are not controlled by the Foundations. The Foundations are not responsible for the privacy practices and data collection policies for such third party services. You should consult the privacy statements of those third party services for details.
Contact Info/Your Choices
If you have questions regarding this Statement, please contact the Foundations at email@example.com.
To opt-out of receiving promotional email messages from us, please click on the “Unsubscribe” link contained at the bottom of each email or by contacting us using the information above.